Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Share
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:45 am

    Watched Rambo 2 the other day, 9/10 action movie.

    Just watched the trailer, fucking love the 80's.



    avatar
    Juventino
     
     

    Posts : 1872
    Location : Bilbao - negotiating for Fernando
    Supports : Llorente

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Juventino on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 am

    The 80s had the GOAT action flicks. First Blood is my shit, though.
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Cam on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:29 am

    Dark Knight Rises: 9/10.

    Really good, starts a bit slow, but that's just me, really good. Bane is a good villain, quite a scary/interesting character. Really long though, it's about 3 hours long, but it flies by when it gets going and the plot has been laid down. Anne Hathaway wank 2

    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50003

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by SBSP on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:31 am

    About the middle half hour to an hour I started wondering how much longer it would be, but then the last hour was amazing.

    Spoiler:
    IIRC it was around the time he was in the prison and training to break out while the people of Gotham start going crazy.
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Cam on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:35 am

    SBSP wrote:About the middle half hour to an hour I started wondering how much longer it would be, but then the last hour was amazing.

    Spoiler:
    IIRC it was around the time he was in the prison and training to break out while the people of Gotham start going crazy.

    Spoiler:
    That's when it started getting epic
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50003

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by SBSP on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:38 am

    Spoiler:
    Or when he was lying in bed before he started training. shifty For me it started getting epic when he blew up the stadium.
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Cam on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 am

    SBSP wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Or when he was lying in bed before he started training. shifty For me it started getting epic when he blew up the stadium.

    Baaaatman:
    Yeah, I mean from the whole sequence when Bane started ripping shit up, and when the detective man was trying to save get people out of the sewers.
    avatar
    Danny
     
     

    Posts : 55218
    Age : 23
    Location : Burscough

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Danny on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:51 am

    Tbf, it's got straight into it again, similar to the way The Dark Knight did, only more epic. And obviously things needed "reintroducing", with it being 8 years after TDK, and the state Bruce was in.
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Cam on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:55 am

    I wasn't saying it as a really bad thing, just a minor issue. shifty
    avatar
    George
     
     

    Posts : 2334
    Age : 22
    Supports : Liverpool, Woking

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by George on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

    The Dark Knight Rises
    10/10.

    Christopher Nolan. Thanks for creating the greatest film trilogy of all time.
    avatar
    El_indian
     
     

    Posts : 8448
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : funny

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by El_indian on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:01 pm

    Kill Bill: Vol. 2
    8.5/10
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 pm

    George wrote:'Memento'.
    It features everything that film should be all about. Great vision, great performances and of course, great story-telling.
    10/10.
    Just watched this for the first time, what a film. Run
    avatar
    George
     
     

    Posts : 2334
    Age : 22
    Supports : Liverpool, Woking

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by George on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:33 pm

    George wrote:The Dark Knight Rises
    10/10.

    Christopher Nolan. Thanks for creating the greatest film trilogy of all time.

    Also, this film is brilliant. Every scene flowed so naturally, this created a pulsating pace throughout the whole 2 hours and 45 minutes of the film.

    One of the best films I have ever seen.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 am

    People are going so cringeworthy and ott with the new batman.

    Yeh it was good because of Bane, thats it.

    Spoiler:
    Batman was a pussy (should have been far more hench), catwoman was a skinny girl somehow beating up men easily (complete joke). Batman has a broken back fixed by an old stinking man giving him a bear hug (what the absolute fuck was that about, as if) then after a few situps and press ups can climb one of the most difficult things ever, escapes off the island somehow without any of Bane's henchmen seeing him and gets back to Gotham somehow with no money or vehicles. Fucking ridiculous. Also Bane beats the absolute shit out of Batman so easily, then in the second fight Batman after having all that broken back etc seems to beat him far too easily and why? Because he knocked a little part of his mask off? lmao
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Cam on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:56 am

    How pedantic.

    Spoiler:
    It's called suspense of disbelief, most films expect you to accept things which might not be so realistic, you realise that Batman was in that prison for about 5 months? Although, I was a bit annoyed that he managed to get into gotham somehow when it was meant to be locked down
    avatar
    Mal
     
     

    Posts : 31043
    Age : 27

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Mal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:10 am

    Just saw this:

    The missing scene from TDKR:

    Sad


    _________________
    --


    Chu-Young Park's EPL career with Arsenal: 6 minutes, 4 touches of the ball. Gone but never forgotten.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 am

    Cam wrote:How pedantic.

    Spoiler:
    It's called suspense of disbelief, most films expect you to accept things which might not be so realistic, you realise that Batman was in that prison for about 5 months? Although, I was a bit annoyed that he managed to get into gotham somehow when it was meant to be locked down
    Don't get me wrong I take alot of unrealistic things in that batman movie as a given, like batman fighting say 10 guys and beating them up fairly easily (yes he has a super suit on, gadgets etc and it gives him extra strength).
    Spoiler:
    But the things I mentioned are ridiculous and if he was in there for 5 months howcome all the cops came out of the tunnel when he got back clean and dandy like the day they got trapped and marched up the street towards Bane and co?

    There are so many stupid things like that which make me think how the hell are people saying "10/10, one of the best films i've ever seen" and shit like that. I did enjoy it alot but not because of Batman, not because of the story (although it was very good) but what an interesting, brilliant character Bane was and the directing. One of my favourite scene's in the movie was..

    Spoiler:
    Bruce Wayne dancing with that bish Selina, the camera circling them was brilliant. Great directing.
    avatar
    Mal
     
     

    Posts : 31043
    Age : 27

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Mal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:33 am

    Chris wrote:
    Cam wrote:How pedantic.

    Spoiler:
    It's called suspense of disbelief, most films expect you to accept things which might not be so realistic, you realise that Batman was in that prison for about 5 months? Although, I was a bit annoyed that he managed to get into gotham somehow when it was meant to be locked down
    Don't get me wrong I take alot of unrealistic things in that batman movie as a given, like batman fighting say 10 guys and beating them up fairly easily (yes he has a super suit on, gadgets etc and it gives him extra strength).
    Spoiler:
    But the things I mentioned are ridiculous and if he was in there for 5 months howcome all the cops came out of the tunnel when he got back clean and dandy like the day they got trapped and marched up the street towards Bane and co?

    There are so many stupid things like that which make me think how the hell are people saying "10/10, one of the best films i've ever seen" and shit like that. I did enjoy it alot but not because of Batman, not because of the story (although it was very good) but what an interesting, brilliant character Bane was and the directing. One of my favourite scene's in the movie was..

    Spoiler:
    Bruce Wayne dancing with that bish Selina, the camera circling them was brilliant. Great directing.

    Spoiler:
    The police weren't trapped at the same time as him. He was in prison when the explosions happened at the stadium. It looked like he had already been there for some time too.

    And tbh, fuck how he got back to Gotham. Do we need 10 minutes of it showing him walking across a country to find a phone to contact someone about a plane home? lool Stupid things happen in comic book movies, because they're comic book movies.. They are not based on any type of realism.

    Every film has bullshit things in them. Action films have specially trained army/police missing shots from twenty yards, while the one man they're shooting at can hit with 100% accuracy when blind firing over a car.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:47 am

    I agree that it's hardly one of the GOATs. But definitely worth the money, and of a high pedigree. Tom Hardy did some great work.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 am

    Mal no defending it, you can't just say "it's a comic book movie so it's ok to have these ridiculous thing's in it". They have tried to make it as realistic as possible with the given that Batman, Bane and people like that can kick some serious ass and pull off some cool stunts when they need to.

    Spoiler:
    I thought Batman let them out, remember him helping the phaggy Robin guy to blow a hole in the wall with his Belt and then his batcopter, then suddenly cops were everywhere?

    Also it was abit annoying that Batman couldn't defeat Bane himself. I mean this is fucking Batman, on his knees about to get his head blown off by Bane after another brilliant fight where (tbf I was secretly going "Go on Bane"), then catwoman simply fucking shoots Bane dead with the batcopter? fuck off. Bruce Wayne one of the biggest billionaire's going suddenly dies on the same day as Batman and then is sat outside a cafe somewhere, yeh nobodies gona notice him are they?

    There's too many little things like that for it to be a 10/10 film or one of the best films ever (LOL). As a superhero film i'll give it a 9, in general an 8/10.

    I still can't get over how immense Bane was, I could watch a film called BaneMan if they made one. alee2
    avatar
    Mal
     
     

    Posts : 31043
    Age : 27

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Mal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:12 am

    Chris wrote:Mal no defending it, you can't just say "it's a comic book movie so it's ok to have these ridiculous thing's in it". They have tried to make it as realistic as possible with the given that Batman, Bane and people like that can kick some serious ass and pull off some cool stunts when they need to.

    Spoiler:
    I thought Batman let them out, remember him helping the phaggy Robin guy to blow a hole in the wall with his Belt and then his batcopter, then suddenly cops were everywhere?

    Also it was abit annoying that Batman couldn't defeat Bane himself. I mean this is fucking Batman, on his knees about to get his head blown off by Bane after another brilliant fight where (tbf I was secretly going "Go on Bane"), then catwoman simply fucking shoots Bane dead with the batcopter? fuck off. Bruce Wayne one of the biggest billionaire's going suddenly dies on the same day as Batman and then is sat outside a cafe somewhere, yeh nobodies gona notice him are they?

    There's too many little things like that for it to be a 10/10 film or one of the best films ever (LOL). As a superhero film i'll give it a 9, in general an 8/10.

    I still can't get over how immense Bane was, I could watch a film called BaneMan if they made one. alee2

    Spoiler:
    There was no sign of people knowing about Bruce Wayne's death... He had already disappeared for eight years before. The only ones at his grave were Fox, Alfred, Gordon and Robin.. He had a gravestone but that doesn't mean people had knowledge of it yet.. People may have known too.. We don't know.

    Yeah, Batman helped the police out but they were trapped after he was imprisoned.. He was in prison when the stadium was blown up by Bane.. He was forced to watch it on the TV.

    And I can say "it's a comic book movie so it can have these ridiculous things in it" Because comic book movies have never once been based on realism. Spiderman climbs up fucking buildings and swings around the place, Iron Man is a billionaire in an iron suit flying around, Thor is some type of god from a different planet.. Not once has Batman claimed to be real.. Maybe we should all rate Terminator a little lower because it lacks realism..

    hahaaa
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:31 am

    I didn't say Spiderman, Thor or Iron Man were 10/10 movies or the best movies ever though so your point there is void.

    Also, Terminator films are called science fiction for a reason, fiction being the key word.
    avatar
    Childish Logic
     
     

    Formerly known as : NZG
    Posts : 13744
    Age : 25
    Supports : Lucas

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Childish Logic on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:04 am

    Chris wrote:People are going so cringeworthy and ott with the new batman.

    Yeh it was good because of Bane, thats it.

    Spoiler:
    Batman was a pussy (should have been far more hench), catwoman was a skinny girl somehow beating up men easily (complete joke). Batman has a broken back fixed by an old stinking man giving him a bear hug (what the absolute fuck was that about, as if) then after a few situps and press ups can climb one of the most difficult things ever, escapes off the island somehow without any of Bane's henchmen seeing him and gets back to Gotham somehow with no money or vehicles. Fucking ridiculous. Also Bane beats the absolute shit out of Batman so easily, then in the second fight Batman after having all that broken back etc seems to beat him far too easily and why? Because he knocked a little part of his mask off? lmao

    Spoiler:
    Back thing was right but he was in the hole for a long time, months.
    Being small=/=weak
    Batman was already strong but the climb wasn't about strength, it was about belief ( fear of death and shit like that). The rope kept pulling them down, thats why the only two people who ever made it across didn't have it on.

    Bane didn't need his henchmen watching him, the hole is meant to be unclimbable and the extra fact that he has a broken back? why waste resources.

    Bane lost all hope when he saw the batsignal fire. batman did the one thing bane never could so he was at a disadvantage already. Bane lost 'hope'
    Also the mask that he kept hitting off made bane feel no pain. They explain in the movie that he needed it after he let the girl escape. Bane became a pussy without it because for the first time in fucking ages, he started feeling pain.

    They showed the army getting in easily, so why can't batman get in?

    Chris wrote:Mal no defending it, you can't just say "it's a comic book movie so it's ok to have these ridiculous thing's in it". They have tried to make it as realistic as possible with the given that Batman, Bane and people like that can kick some serious ass and pull off some cool stunts when they need to.

    Spoiler:
    I thought Batman let them out, remember him helping the phaggy Robin guy to blow a hole in the wall with his Belt and then his batcopter, then suddenly cops were everywhere?

    Also it was abit annoying that Batman couldn't defeat Bane himself. I mean this is fucking Batman, on his knees about to get his head blown off by Bane after another brilliant fight where (tbf I was secretly going "Go on Bane"), then catwoman simply fucking shoots Bane dead with the batcopter? fuck off. Bruce Wayne one of the biggest billionaire's going suddenly dies on the same day as Batman and then is sat outside a cafe somewhere, yeh nobodies gona notice him are they?

    There's too many little things like that for it to be a 10/10 film or one of the best films ever (LOL). As a superhero film i'll give it a 9, in general an 8/10.

    I still can't get over how immense Bane was, I could watch a film called BaneMan if they made one. alee2

    Spoiler:
    lots and lots of rich people died in the 5 months they were there. They don't know for sure Bruce Wayne died when batman died. All they know is he died.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 am

    Chris wrote:I didn't say Spiderman, Thor or Iron Man were 10/10 movies or the best movies ever though so your point there is void.

    Also, Terminator films are called science fiction for a reason, fiction being the key word.

    Whereas the Batman films have been presented as a documentary series from Day One.
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Cam on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:37 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Chris wrote:I didn't say Spiderman, Thor or Iron Man were 10/10 movies or the best movies ever though so your point there is void.

    Also, Terminator films are called science fiction for a reason, fiction being the key word.

    Whereas the Batman films have been presented as a documentary series from Day One.

    rofl

    Andy
     
     

    Posts : 9599
    Supports : Manchester United

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Andy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:50 am

    Hunger Games 6/10
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 am

    Tsk, two more months till I can watch Snow White. Although the reviews didn't seem spectacular.
    avatar
    TheRangersFan
     
     

    Posts : 1485
    Age : 25
    Location : on the Pursuit of Happiness

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by TheRangersFan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm

    Warrior - 9/10

    Great movie. not worthy
    avatar
    ayvee1
    .
    .

    Formerly known as : Prince
    Posts : 5862
    Age : 27

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by ayvee1 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

    Scarface - Great film, enjoyed it.
    avatar
    Jord
     
     

    Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Posts : 33665
    Location : Equestria
    Supports : Liverpool FC

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Jord on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:46 am

    Andy wrote:Hunger Games 6/10
    I'll give that a 4/10

    A stupidly overhyped movie which bored me to tears.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:24 am