Skyrim

Re: Skyrim

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:11 am

Skyrim has way too much snowy regions. Obviously it's realistic, but still a waste of map space.

That said...

Guy got balls.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:19 am

Completed the first two/one quests of Dawnguard. Without getting into any real detail, it has been a pleasant change of pace from the previous Skyrim quests. Fantastic and creepy new enemies, crossbow feels great, lovely new places, intriguing set-up for the story (I've already made my mind up to go dark for once) and an appearance of a SWIATBO unlike any previous ones...in a non-perverted manner. Looks good value for the money so far. If you regard the game highly, this is a good way to prolong the enjoyment, there's more additions than just the quests and locations.

Still want DLC which goes beyond the Skyrim map though, like Shivering Isles.
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 am

Can you explain(In spoilers maybe) why the Dawnguard DLC differs from any of the other quests in the game?

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 am

Spoiler:
    Well.....there is a distinct good vs bad path in this quest, as opposed to the complicated vs complicated of the Civil War quest. I haven't gotten into the thick of it yet, and I haven't read much of the previews, so I don't know much beyond that you are presented with a choice of vampire hunting or vampire frenzy. Besides, doesn't the thought of fighting gargoyles and death hounds intrigue you? shifty

I'll let you know more as I soldier on.
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:12 pm

This has intrigued me, may be what I need to get back into the game. Could do with more map though, maybe where the RedGuards come from would be interesting?
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Question; I've started a new character, is there a certain level that I would get the Dawnguard quests presented to me? I haven't bought it yet and might hold off if I have to be a higher level.
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Mc Babel wrote:This has intrigued me, may be what I need to get back into the game. Could do with more map though, maybe where the RedGuards come from would be interesting?

I think there was already a full game set there, not sure though.
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:29 am

Gonna try this again, stopped very early on cause it was boring and I got stuck. At the bit where you have to get the golden claw thing in that cave.

Any hints/cheats to speed up the leveling process? What a Face
    Mouse

Post by Mouse on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:31 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Mc Babel wrote:This has intrigued me, may be what I need to get back into the game. Could do with more map though, maybe where the RedGuards come from would be interesting?

I think there was already a full game set there, not sure though.
    On further inspection the 2nd one (Daggerfall) was set there, still that was a long time ago so a HD version would be cool!
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:28 am

Marvin wrote:Gonna try this again, stopped very early on cause it was boring and I got stuck. At the bit where you have to get the golden claw thing in that cave.

Do you mean two hours into the game lol?
    Jord

Post by Jord on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:36 am

Marvin wrote:Gonna try this again, stopped very early on cause it was boring and I got stuck. At the bit where you have to get the golden claw thing in that cave.

Fucking hell Laughing So you literally played about 1 hour of the game?
    Marvin

Post by Marvin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 am

I didn't go there straight away, I got lost on the way and ended up wandering into giant territory. They kept killing me. Laughing

But yeah, I didn't play that much. Now I'm using a walkthrough, much easier.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:55 am

Were you the one that ended up fighting the entire first village that you go to because you punched a kid? Laughing
    Jord

Post by Jord on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:01 am

I actually killed a chicken and the whole village started on me Laughing After attempting to fight off the villagers I released that this had all gone terribly wrong and I restarted my xbox. Never again...

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:03 am

Fucking Skooma, never again.
    Jord

Post by Jord on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:07 am

Fuck this, I'm going to start over again. I'll go back to my plan of remaking Ned Stark or Jon Snow.. Should be fun.

Not sure what class to make myself though. My previous guy was a tank with massive plate armour and a two-handed battleaxe. Might go for the magic and sword combination.

Last edited by Jord on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:24 am

My character is a axe wielding archer with little defensive capabilities.

At first I thought it was cool until I was forced to use the bow almost exclusively because every single "tank" enemy killed me in two or three hits. Laughing

Also, fyi, it takes forever to kill a dragon with iron arrows. Laughing
    Jord

Post by Jord on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:36 am

I don't see the point in using an archer unless you focus everything on that particular weapon.

Anyway, I went ahead and started again shifty My character is a Dunmer named Jon Snow.
    Marvin

Post by Marvin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:40 am

Speaking of archery, just tried to kill my first dragon with a bow and it was so hard. Couldn't aim for shit, just gave up and smashed the shit out of it with my sword.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:45 am

My fellow is a destruction magician with part time archery capabilities who has to stoop to raising dead bodies, sneak archery and staggering to defeat anyone decent. Since this is my second time, I feel compelled to go on the Master difficulty.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:47 am

My strategy for dragons was run around until they land, then use the time shout and dual mace their asses. Now it's running over to the nearest band of soldiers.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 am

My strategy for almost everything is stay away and shoot it with arrows for 30 minutes until it dies.

I also sometimes cheat seeing as I'm the only person in the entire world who can jump. So I jump up to somewhere my enemies can't reach.

Funnily enough, I killed a giant and like three or four mammoth at a very low level doing this. Ran into this bandit camp rock formation thing, of course ran into the bandits too had to deal with both, smashed a few bandits' heads in with my massive axe and let the giant and mammoths take care of the rest. After they died I ran into their camp rock formation thingy and peppered the giant and three of the mammoths with arrows until they died(they couldn't reach me because they couldn't fit in the rock formation camp thingy)started to due the same to the last mammoth until I ran out of arrows, which was feat on itself since I had a shit load of them, ended up making a suicide run straight at the mammoth wielding my axe and bellowing my war cry. Three or four hits later I'm near death and standing next to a pile of mammoth, giant and bandit corpses.

Whole battle took like 30 minutes. Neutral
    Mouse

Post by Mouse on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:00 am

I think i'm going to start again, I can just tank Dragons and Giants so it's boring.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:17 am

Yes, if not for the Dragon born title, The Jumping Wonder would be an appropriate one.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:19 am

I use the bow exclusively. Can kill most things fairly easily with the bow and using either the dash shout or unrelenting force.

3x sneak shot and about 2/3 arrows until they get to me, then unrelenting force them and shoot them twice while they're down and once/twice when they are running towards me. That like 7/8 shots (worth of damage) before they even touch me.

Think I'm going to go with a two-handed Nord my first playback, is it hard killing dragons with melee?

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:21 am

Right now I can't tank any creature; probably not even a skeever, definitely not a mud crab. Vampirism leaves me with depleted stats out in daylight, although it's still fun. Reminds me of the wonderful Vampire questline back in Oblivion.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:26 am

Jorlung wrote:I use the bow exclusively. Can kill most things fairly easily with the bow and using either the dash shout or unrelenting force.

3x sneak shot and about 2/3 arrows until they get to me, then unrelenting force them and shoot them twice while they're down and once/twice when they are running towards me. That like 7/8 shots (worth of damage) before they even touch me.

Think I'm going to go with a two-handed Nord my first playback, is it hard killing dragons with melee?
    Dragons are weak against melee I feel and strong against bows. Which if we go by everything high fantasy has told us over the years it's backwards.

When I finally invested in some melee abilities and perks it became much easier to deal with dragons, attack them from the sides if you can. Avoid the front cause they'll blast you with their breath attacks and the back because they'll smash you with their tails, the sides they hit you with their wings but it's not a big deal.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:29 am

Ain't no skill with the bow unless the cross-hair is deselected. No chance of doing a Bard the bowman and taking out the baddest dragon around with one shot (spoilers).

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 am

Pfft. Skill is involved considering the cross hairs aren't even aligned correctly. Try to shoot an enemy in the head with your bow and you'll miss.

Actually, that's a bit of a gripe with me. Shooting someone in the head does the same amount of damage as shooting them in the foot.

I still shot them in the head because seeing an arrow through their skulls and knowing you did it is cool as fuck.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:47 am

Took down a hawk with a fire bolt. Me gusta

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:44 am