Skyrim

Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Re: Skyrim

Post by Marvin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:09 am

My follower died, didn't like her that much to be honest though. Looted her shit and now I can finally get a good horse.
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:10 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:
    Jorlung wrote:I use the bow exclusively. Can kill most things fairly easily with the bow and using either the dash shout or unrelenting force.

3x sneak shot and about 2/3 arrows until they get to me, then unrelenting force them and shoot them twice while they're down and once/twice when they are running towards me. That like 7/8 shots (worth of damage) before they even touch me.

Think I'm going to go with a two-handed Nord my first playback, is it hard killing dragons with melee?
    Dragons are weak against melee I feel and strong against bows. Which if we go by everything high fantasy has told us over the years it's backwards.

When I finally invested in some melee abilities and perks it became much easier to deal with dragons, attack them from the sides if you can. Avoid the front cause they'll blast you with their breath attacks and the back because they'll smash you with their tails, the sides they hit you with their wings but it's not a big deal.
    Dragons are fairly easy to take down with your bow if you've leveled it up. I use mine exclusively so it's pretty high (like 65 or something and I'm like lvl 24). Usually the dragons don't even come close to you, they keep their distance are fireball you. More often than not they will just attack my companions the entire time while I just keep firing arrows into them.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:10 am

Marvin wrote:My follower died, didn't like her that much to be honest though. Looted her shit and now I can finally get a good horse.
    Steal one or just do the Dark brotherhood questline. Never have bought a horse before in oblivion or skyrim.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:14 am

I still have Frost. Don't use him since I find riding around on a horse you can't fight on pointless. And yeah I know they finally fixed that issue.

I don't like having people die so even if the most insignificant un quest related npc from some backwater village dies. I load an earlier save.
    Marvin

Post by Marvin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 am

Jorlung wrote:
    Marvin wrote:My follower died, didn't like her that much to be honest though. Looted her shit and now I can finally get a good horse.
    Steal one or just do the Dark brotherhood questline. Never have bought a horse before in oblivion or skyrim.
    Don't think I'm far enough into the story to reach that dark brotherhood quest, still doing the 2nd main quest. When does it start?

I heard that if you steal one it runs away once you get off it. Dry Smile Not been in a position to steal one either, there's always been someone around.
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 am

So archers kinda suck unless you get the hang of it? I've almost completed the game with my first fella, so I might give it a try and replay with an archer.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 am

Archers are quite good, not sure why everyone's saying they suck. You obviously have to level up your marksmanship to make your bow do more damage and it's not like it's incredibly hard to hit someone, especially when you get the slow motion shooting skill. I've exclusively used a bow on my character and I've really had no serious problems yet, usually your companions take most of the blows while you just stand back and pick off the enemies. Especially when you get the summon spectral assassin skill (from dark brotherhood), shadowmere (from dark brotherhood) and any companion. All 3 of those will fight at the front lines for you while you're just way back.

Though you can't bring your horse in with you to dungeons.
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:23 am

Jorlung wrote:Archers are quite good, not sure why everyone's saying they suck. You obviously have to level up your marksmanship to make your bow do more damage and it's not like it's incredibly hard to hit someone, especially when you get the slow motion shooting skill. I've exclusively used a bow on my character and I've really had no serious problems yet, usually your companions take most of the blows while you just stand back and pick off the enemies. Especially when you get the summon spectral assassin skill (from dark brotherhood), shadowmere (from dark brotherhood) and any companion. All 3 of those will fight at the front lines for you while you're just way back.

Though you can't bring your horse in with you to dungeons.

Agreed. And you also have to be smart about the way you attack your enemies. Leveling up stealth or sneak (whatever it's called) is a tremendous help, because you inflict a shitload of damage if you shoot someone/something undetected.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 am

3x damage with your stealth strike and if your opponent is far enough away you can probably get in at least two or three hits until they get near you. That's essentially 6 hits before they even have a chance to hurt you, not even including critical hits.

Was tempted to do a stealthy dagger character for my next playthrough but decided it would be too similar. Daggers get something 15x sneak damage when leveled up.

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:31 am

I've maxed out my archer and sneak perks so I have all that shit and yeah it's pretty powerful. I don't know how good the dagger character would be though because I still have problem sneaking up on opponents to get close enough for a melee sneak kill.

Then again, I'm usually wearing heavy armor and carrying a battleaxe.
    Marvin

Post by Marvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:01 am

Only just realised that you can dual cast. Herp derp.

Also time in Skyrim moves way too fast, really annoying to have it to from AM to PM in less than 20 mins. Neutral

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 am

Any tips on a high standing NPC I can assassinate in Solitude? Tried one woman and she wouldn't die.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:29 am

Erikur's Sister.

I forget her name.(Gisli, inside joke for those who have played the game.)
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:08 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Any tips on a high standing NPC I can assassinate in Solitude? Tried one woman and she wouldn't die.
    Why are you doing this? Quest?

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:22 am

Yep.

Me gusta

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 am

Marvin

Post by Marvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 am

How do you heal your follower? Like for example I was walking to that town where you get the dark brotherhood quest, some spider comes out of nowhere and does something to my follower so she's now on her knees crawling. What do I do? Or rather what should I do the next time, I've already reloaded the game.

And I'm starting to see the appeal of this game. shifty

Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:30 am

Oh dear. When your follower gets to 1% health they will just do a kneeling thing instead of dying and stay that way until the battle is over. Your follower cannot die from a blow from an enemy, the only way they can die is by your hand.

You don't really need to heal your follower as their HP regenerates fairly quickly out of battle, but during battle I believe there is a restoration spell "Heal Ally"

Sean

Post by Sean on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am

I remember I killed one of my followers because she ran in front of me during battle, was devastated.
    Marvin

Post by Marvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:21 am

Can they get poisoned or other status effect cause she wasn't just kneeling, she was crawling on her knees whenever I moved. This was after the battle too.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:36 am

Might be a glitch or something. Either that or I have no idea what happened.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:44 am

Fast-travel or restarting the game fixes this. Removing and replacing an item in her inventory will also correct this issue.

There you go.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:46 am

Phenomenal how far it's come. Wish I'd played Morrowind, so many fanboys.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:51 am

Finished the main quest line.

Cool
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 am

Daggerfall looked cool.
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:54 pm

I played Morrowind and never really liked it.
    Marvin

Post by Marvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Did you guys just plough through the main quests and then do the side quests or did you mix it up?

Just wondering if it's best to just do the main quest straight away but want to know if I'll miss out on anything or something.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Mixed it up, I just stopped playing after I finished the main quests, felt final.
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:55 am

Do all the main side quest lines that you plan on doing (ie. Bards, Thieves, Mages, etc.) before finishing the main quest line. That's what I did and I think it's best.

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:04 am

I'm level 60 and the on the main questline I've only just
    Spoiler:
    fought that dragon Alduin brings back to life in front of you.

Also bought Dawnguard, but haven't played it since I only played for 30 minutes last night.

Also looked at my stats. I'm 100 in every warrior skill except onehanded and smithing.

Smithing is at 99 and one handed is at 78.

As you can imagine I'm like 16-22 in every other skill.

Actually, we should all share are skill levels. -_-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 am