The Walking Dead

    Share
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:00 pm

    Is anyone else playing this? I realize it's not for everyone but if you ever played the Monkey Island games(and liked them) you'll probably like this, since it's pretty much that but with Zombies.

    Episode 2 just came out and I fucking love it.

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by SophisticatedBeggar on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:36 pm

    Ché Guayaba wrote:Is anyone else playing this? I realize it's not for everyone but if you ever played the Monkey Island games(and liked them) you'll probably like this, since it's pretty much that but with Zombies.

    Episode 2 just came out and I fucking love it.


    http://www.giantbomb.com/news/activision-has-its-own-walking-dead-game-now/4254/

    Possibility of this new game being good are very slim.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:28 pm

    Yeah, I heard about it. I'm interested just to see what they come out with but I'm not a big fan of shooters in general, but if it's sort of like the Resident Evil series than it might be okay.

    Then again, Resident Evil isn't the same since slow moving Zombies stopped being the norm.

    Also, noting the op. I guess I am the only one playing this game. Laughing

    I understand why though, it's probably too slow paced for most people and it doesn't have enough action in it.

    Spoiler:
    Having a zombie hoard coming straight at you while you try to save a man trapped in a bear trap and realizing the only way your getting him free is chopping his fucking leg off, is pretty thrilling in my opinion though.
    avatar
    Mouse
     
     

    Posts : 17009
    Age : 21
    Location : Cymru
    Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Mouse on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 am

    I want to play this, I just have no cash shifty
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 85
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Jorlung on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:40 am

    Just played this first two episodes (free with playstation plus) and it is actually really good. More of a movie where you make the decisions than a video game though. If you are looking for an action packed thriller this isn't it. The story line is surprisingly good.

    Has a Dragon Age type dialog thing where your decisions influence how people think of you, and what happens later in the game.
    avatar
    Royal
     
     

    Posts : 9379

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Royal on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:32 am

    Just finished episode 3. It got the best reviews but I didn't think it was as good as the first 2.

    Ep. 3 spoilers..
    Spoiler:
    I was pretty annoyed that you couldn't save Carley. She was one of the few likable characters in this game. Mad
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:34 am

    I think that was the point though.

    Spoiler:
    Offing off a likeable character. If the angry chick got offed no one would care, speaking of which, was surprised to see that the vast majority of people didn't leave her to die.

    Duck and Katja's demise made me get a bit chocked up. I know most people hated Duck, but that's because most people are assholes and can't handle the fact that children are usually annoying. Everyone wants a helpful smart kid like Clem, but that shit only happens on television, kids are fucking stupid in real life.
    avatar
    Royal
     
     

    Posts : 9379

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Royal on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 am

    Ché Guayaba wrote:I think that was the point though.

    Spoiler:
    Offing off a likeable character. If the angry chick got offed no one would care, speaking of which, was surprised to see that the vast majority of people didn't leave her to die.

    Duck and Katja's demise made me get a bit chocked up. I know most people hated Duck, but that's because most people are assholes and can't handle the fact that children are usually annoying. Everyone wants a helpful smart kid like Clem, but that shit only happens on television, kids are fucking stupid in real life.
    Spoiler:
    But there are still 2 episodes left, they didn't have to kill her yet. Cry

    What platform are you on? On PC it was something like 75% of people left Lily on her own, or at least it was when I finished it.

    Didn't give a shit about Duck. There were too many deaths too fast for me to care about a character I rarely interact with. What a waste of animal crackers too.
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 85
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Jorlung on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:16 am

    Gunna go see if episode 3 is also free
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:46 am

    Royal wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:I think that was the point though.

    Spoiler:
    Offing off a likeable character. If the angry chick got offed no one would care, speaking of which, was surprised to see that the vast majority of people didn't leave her to die.

    Duck and Katja's demise made me get a bit chocked up. I know most people hated Duck, but that's because most people are assholes and can't handle the fact that children are usually annoying. Everyone wants a helpful smart kid like Clem, but that shit only happens on television, kids are fucking stupid in real life.
    Spoiler:
    But there are still 2 episodes left, they didn't have to kill her yet. Cry

    What platform are you on? On PC it was something like 75% of people left Lily on her own, or at least it was when I finished it.

    Didn't give a shit about Duck. There were too many deaths too fast for me to care about a character I rarely interact with. What a waste of animal crackers too.
    Xbox, and it was 66% or something like that, the majority but not the vast majority. I would of thought it be like 80% +.
    Spoiler:
    I mean she is just so problematic through out the game, same for her dad. But I at least can see how people could pity him do to the situation.
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 85
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Jorlung on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:15 am

    Not free yet Sad
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Bushido on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 am

    There is going to be a second game Smile I love it, it's amazing.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:04 am

    Didn't even know episode 4 was out. Downloaded and played it yesterday. Felt shorter then the other episodes.
    avatar
    El_indian
     
     

    Posts : 8448
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : funny

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by El_indian on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:11 am

    keep hearing this is really good. It was $14 on steam during Halloween..

    I think I'll wait for next sale/
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 85
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Jorlung on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:22 am

    Or just borrow it online for free.
    avatar
    Novi
     
     

    Posts : 1724
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Novi on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 pm

    next episode is out i think.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:43 pm

    Yes, it's out. Just stumbled on to it while browsing xbox live. Downloading it now. I'm kinda tired of gaming today so I'll play it tomorrow.

    Kinda sad that it's ending. It was a fun ride.

    Also, have any of you guys noticed that it's become more action oriented lately? shifty
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 am

    Just finished it. Dose Feels. oh god why
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Bushido on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:12 am

    Oh man.



    That was genuinely sad.
    avatar
    Novi
     
     

    Posts : 1724
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Novi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:39 am

    Spoiler:

    So much respect for PewDie trying not to cry then loses it at the end. Sad not worthy


    Last edited by Novi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Guest on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:51 am

    Seemed exaggerated to me.

    Also, the two posters above me should spoiler their post. Pretty much gives the ending away.
    avatar
    Novi
     
     

    Posts : 1724
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Novi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:00 am

    He cried a bit in the video before that also.
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Bushido on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:36 am

    I shed a very manly tear. Just one. Shaped like a fist.
    avatar
    Novi
     
     

    Posts : 1724
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Novi on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:45 am

    Laughing
    avatar
    Mouse
     
     

    Posts : 17009
    Age : 21
    Location : Cymru
    Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Mouse on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:30 am

    Just played the first episode, Clementine is the cutest.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Walking Dead

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 am