The tennis thread.

    Share
    avatar
    MickStupp
     
     

    Posts : 1933
    Age : 25
    Location : Glasgow

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by MickStupp on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 am

    Is that Wenger in the crowd watching Nadal v Almagro?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 am

    MickStupp wrote:Is that Wenger in the crowd watching Nadal v Almagro?
    i did not zee him
    avatar
    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Posts : 4149
    Age : 24
    Location : Melbourne
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Paulinho on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:43 am

    34 shot rally, incredible
    avatar
    MickStupp
     
     

    Posts : 1933
    Age : 25
    Location : Glasgow

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by MickStupp on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:46 am

    kyro7 wrote:
    MickStupp wrote:Is that Wenger in the crowd watching Nadal v Almagro?
    i did not zee him
    Thought I saw him sitting somewhere roughly behind the umpire, not sure if it's him though.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 am

    Thank fuck for that, Rafa has been a bit off.. glad he took that set.
    avatar
    Danny
     
     

    Posts : 55218
    Age : 22
    Location : Burscough

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Danny on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 am

    Ferrer's broke. 4-1 up.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 am

    Almagro's backhand is an absolute weapon.
    avatar
    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Posts : 4149
    Age : 24
    Location : Melbourne
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Paulinho on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:55 am

    Rafa will win in straight sets now
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:01 am

    The noise Almagro makes when he hits a winner is really fucking annoying because it sounds so much like someone calling out.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 am

    Seeing Ferrer beat Murray live in London was cool. I still have the Spanish flag I bought for the occasion hehe
    avatar
    Danny
     
     

    Posts : 55218
    Age : 22
    Location : Burscough

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Danny on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:32 am

    Ferrer takes the first set 6-4.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 am

    Pico wrote:Seeing Ferrer beat Murray live in London was cool. I still have the Spanish flag I bought for the occasion hehe
    You still planning on taking it and pretending to be Spanish? shifty The players you've seen live is unfair.

    Ferrer takes the third set, if he wins Rafa is going to have a rough time with him.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 am

    Frenchies love Murray.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 am

    kyro7 wrote:
    Pico wrote:Seeing Ferrer beat Murray live in London was cool. I still have the Spanish flag I bought for the occasion hehe
    You still planning on taking it and pretending to be Spanish? shifty The players you've seen live is unfair.

    Ferrer takes the third set, if he wins Rafa is going to have a rough time with him.

    Most Spaniards have some sort of mental block (especially in slams) that makes them bend over for Nadal. Ferrer will get 1 set at best, but I think even that's unlikely.

    I may or may not take the flag to the Olympics with me, depends who I get to see I did hang that flag up in my window for a bit over the Jubilee weekend though for the lols, since everyone else had Union Jacks on display.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50003

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by SBSP on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:13 am

    Murray, you cunt.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:17 am

    SBSP wrote:Murray, you cunt.

    He's losing to a better player, nothing wrong with that.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50003

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by SBSP on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:17 am

    -_-
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:18 am

    Glorious shot from Mugray.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:22 am

    Pico wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Pico wrote:Seeing Ferrer beat Murray live in London was cool. I still have the Spanish flag I bought for the occasion hehe
    You still planning on taking it and pretending to be Spanish? shifty The players you've seen live is unfair.

    Ferrer takes the third set, if he wins Rafa is going to have a rough time with him.

    Most Spaniards have some sort of mental block (especially in slams) that makes them bend over for Nadal. Ferrer will get 1 set at best, but I think even that's unlikely.

    I may or may not take the flag to the Olympics with me, depends who I get to see I did hang that flag up in my window for a bit over the Jubilee weekend though for the lols, since everyone else had Union Jacks on display.
    Yeah it has been an issue for Ferrer recently even out of slams, but whether he wins or loses I think it'll be tight.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:26 am

    Murray has lost this match... Could so easily have won it.
    avatar
    Danny
     
     

    Posts : 55218
    Age : 22
    Location : Burscough

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Danny on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:30 am

    SBSP wrote:-_-
    It's true, on clay at least.

    Could have been so different if every time Murray broke he could hold his own serve after. Laughing
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 am

    Danny wrote:
    SBSP wrote:-_-
    It's true, on clay at least.

    Could have been so different if every time Murray broke he could hold his own serve after. Laughing

    He'd do well on the women's tour.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:39 am

    Well done Ferrer. not worthy

    Now at least if he beats Rafa I wont begrudge him a slam final.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:42 am

    Damn not being able to post external links or emails for 7 days.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50003

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by SBSP on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 am

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/dominika-cibulkova-sam-stosur-she-played-man-210643207.html

    rofl
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:15 am

    I think that comment was taken way out of context Laughing In fact I think Domi meant it as a compliment.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:47 am

    Stosur will win Roland Garros v Kvitova in the final.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:50 am



    Full homo.
    avatar
    Jordan Henderchip
     
     

    Posts : 10329
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : FS #41

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Jordan Henderchip on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm

    You probably all know that Julia served the fastest serve by a female at the French Open this year at 202km/h and it is the 4th fastest serve in Womans tennis. Yeah Julia baby, you are so good Smile
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:09 pm

    Roland Garros ‏@rolandgarros
    Welcome to 'Ladies Day' at #RolandGarros Rain, rain go away... torrential here at the moment and the forecast isn't brilliant...

    oh god why

    Sponsored content

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:12 am