Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Glen Miller
Cam
Jord
Clark
Yrael
Mouse
Phadunkin Donuts
jeb4eva
Childish Logic
dena
14 posters

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 am

The Bran chapters make me want to burn the book. What a terrible character.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Post by Cam Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 am

Yep, I hate Bran's story, I find it a slog getting through them
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:17 am

I found the Daenerys scenes in the show quite brutal as well, but they are bearable in the book. Tyrion obviously has the best chapters, he is the wittiest character, so his perceptions of things will always be the most intriguing.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 am

Jord wrote:500 pages in Storm of Swords. Since this book is essentially split in two for the TV series where do you think the first part will cap off at in relation to the book?

Spoiler:

Bran's story gets pretty good in AFFC and ADWD, Dany's chapters start to slog because GRRM has taken ages to actually get her to Westeros, Jon and Tyrion have the best chapters in the whole series.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 am

dena wrote:Jon
    I forgot to mention him. He is probably the most likable character in the story, as well.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:44 am

Jon and Tyrion are my favorites, although Jaime is likable as well
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:17 am

you no nuthin jon sno
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 am

She was so annoying
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 am

Arya is the boss.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 am

Sam seems like such a useless plot device so far in this book. I seriously hope he serves some major purpose than bitching 24/7.

Last edited by Jord on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 am

Which book are you on?
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 am

500 hundred pages into A Storm of Swords. So yeah... I'll just ignore what you said on your last post Neutral
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 am

What did I say?
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:33 am

A single word that sort of tells me something I didn't want to know shifty
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 am

I know the word you are talking about. Fortunately, I don't know about whom he was talking.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:03 pm

I dunno why I used the past tense. shifty

Just finished a Feast for Crows but my library doesn't have the next one. Crying or Very sad
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun May 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Spoiler:
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Mon May 27, 2013 4:05 am

right? fucking epic.

Episode 9 should be all about that moment.. can't wait.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 am

It's either going to be 9 or 10. I'm excited for it, feel it's going to surprise a lot of people. Hope they follow the book in that the fist sign of danger is that the Rains of Castamere starts playing.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue May 28, 2013 1:53 am

It'll be 9, the big moments always happen in ep. 9.

ie. Ned's death and the Blackwater
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Yeah also just found out that the next episode is called 'The Rains of Castamere" too, so definitely.

Spoiler:
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed May 29, 2013 4:00 am

Can't see him getting axed so soon. Been kind of quiet this season tbh.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 am

They need to speed it up a bit though. They are apparently only doing a 7 seasons I heard. Hopefully they decide to make it longer though.

Just read up to the Mountin v Prince Oberyn fight. That is going to be an amazing fight scene in the TV show. Sad at the result though. Just started to like him and Martin does a Martin.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed May 29, 2013 5:01 am

They should seriously consider replacing the figurative sword fights with a few literal ones every once in a while. I don't see the need for the explicit scenes at all, it's absolutely ridiculous that I have to endure 2/3 scenes per episode, each one being 4-5 minutes long.

Some of them are somewhat justifiable for characterization like the one before Bran is kicked from the window, but I really don't give a crap about Jon and that villainous beast from beyond the Wall.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed May 29, 2013 5:19 am

The Theon situation is more of a fear-factor for the audience than anything else.. it's really not THAT important to the stories.. and you're right, fucking irk worthy and pointless.

Episodes do tend to drag on.. but is usually saved with some memorable bad-ass moments. Scenery wise or character wise.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed May 29, 2013 5:42 am

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 3 70955 Those scenes are dreadful. I mean, we get the idea, the guy's a sadistic freak, I think we deduced that after the fifth time they showed him cutting off Theon's body parts.

Yeah, the one episode recently was dreadful until that random showdown with a bear. We need more bears.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed May 29, 2013 7:03 am

Moriarty wrote:They should seriously consider replacing the figurative sword fights with a few literal ones every once in a while. I don't see the need for the explicit scenes at all, it's absolutely ridiculous that I have to endure 2/3 scenes per episode, each one being 4-5 minutes long.

Some of them are somewhat justifiable for characterization like the one before Bran is kicked from the window, but I really don't give a crap about Jon and that villainous beast from beyond the Wall.

Yes. I think implicit sex scenes like they do in most TV shows would be fine. Just show them undressing a bit and then cut to something else. I've never really valued long sex scenes in movies/tv.

I don't mind the figurative sword fights though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed May 29, 2013 7:37 am

Zzonked wrote:Yes. I think implicit sex scenes like they do in most TV shows would be fine. Just show them undressing a bit and then cut to something else. I've never really valued long sex scenes in movies/tv.
    +1 Respect

It would free up some time for more banter between Varys and Littlefinger.

Zzonked wrote:I don't mind the figurative sword fights though.
    A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 3 626136
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 am

Of all the sex scenes in S3 you choose the most important one (and the one that actually happened in the book) to cut out? Jon + Ygritte is fine, Podrick and Loras getting scenes was just unnecessary. Also, they could not "un-cast" Theon, so he had to make some appearances this season.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed May 29, 2013 9:08 am

dena wrote:Of all the sex scenes in S3 you choose the most important one (and the one that actually happened in the book) to cut out? Jon + Ygritte is fine, Podrick and Loras getting scenes was just unnecessary. Also, they could not "un-cast" Theon, so he had to make some appearances this season.
    I want all of them to be eradicated. That was juts the one that came first to mind, probably because, as you said, it was the most (lol) important.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 pm