Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Glen Miller
Cam
Jord
Clark
Yrael
Mouse
Phadunkin Donuts
jeb4eva
Childish Logic
dena
14 posters

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Post by Mouse Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:22 am

Yeah apparently it's being split into two series, In the Uk the book is split into two parts anyway because of it's length. Slowly getting through these, started wednesday about 200 pages into A Game Of Thrones shifty
    dena
    dena

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Post by dena Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:29 am

Oh well that makes sense, there is just too much to cram into one season. Just finishing things up... crazy twists at the end of this man.

Just finished the book
    Spoiler:

Hope AFFC is half as good. What a book.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 am

Starting a Feast for Crows now.

Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:52 pm

I've heard A Feast For Crows is the slowest one shifty
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 am

Mouse wrote:I've heard A Feast For Crows is the slowest one shifty

Slow might not be the best word for it, the character development in this one (as all the other books) is amazing though, it's a great read. Nothing can compare to ASOS though.

Saw this online, was able to name most of the characters.

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 2 A_song_of_ice_and_lemoncakes_by_dragoninstall-d4dgqwz
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:29 am

Disregard. Razz
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 am

I got a few, who's sat on the throne? Looks like Jamie. Thoros of Myr is being introduced to the series next season! cheers
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:33 am

On the throne is Aegon
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:36 am

Ahhh yes of course, it's a shame we don't get to know much about the Targaryens accept what others talk of them.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Just finished AFFC, liked it.. but glad it's over...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:53 am

Three prequel novellas to the series for anyone interested:

https://7chan.org/lit/src/George_R__R__Martin_-_A_Song_Of_Ice_And_Fire_1b_-_.pdf

http://garglfluz.wikispaces.com/file/view/2003+The+Sworn+Sword+A+Tale+Of+The+Seven+Kingdoms.pdf/206837326/2003%20The%20Sworn%20Sword%20A%20Tale%20Of%20The%20Seven%20Kingdoms.pdf

http://www.onread.com/fbreader/1465112/
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:27 am

I don't know you guys can read books/short stories on a pdf.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:02 am

You aren't one of those "Kindles are evils! Books rule!" kinda people, are you? shifty

What do you find disconcerting about reading a book on a pdf?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:07 am

Well I mean PDF file, if you have a Kindle/Nook/iPad I get that, but I can't read a novel on my computer/laptop.

It'd actually be cool to have all the ASOIAF books on an iPad, I lent someone AGOT and ACOK and never got them back, and ASOS is falling apart, though still in good condition.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Finally purchased ADWD, mixed reviews everywhere but hopefully I enjoy it.

EDIT: THIS BOOK A BEAST, I CAN'T CARRY THIS SHIT AROUND WITH ME MANG.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:58 am

A Dance with Dragons is pretty, pretty, good.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 am

I liked how it's all kicking off now. Sets it up nicely for the next book, although I'm disappointed at the lack of white walkers. 5 books out of 7 done and they've hardly been mentioned.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Finished ADWD. Wow.

Crazy to say that this is 3rd or 4th best book in the entire series but I really enjoyed it, there is so much set up for the next two books.

BIG SPOILERS.

Spoiler:

Oh gawd.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:09 pm

I didn't even know the first book was written 16 years ago. Surprised

It's taking me a while to get used to the use of nicknames, I initially thought that Eddard and Ned were two different people.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Regarding your first question probably not. My friend has a theory regarding him and the Lord of Light that seems quite plausible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 pm

dena wrote:Finished ADWD. Wow.

Crazy to say that this is 3rd or 4th best book in the entire series but I really enjoyed it, there is so much set up for the next two books.

BIG SPOILERS.

Spoiler:

Oh gawd.

Spoiler:

Honestly don't remember much from ADWD tbh. shifty Plan to reread the whole series next year.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:34 pm

Spoiler:
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Didn't realise there was a thread. About 500 pages into A Game of Thrones, what a book. If the series is anything like this Drool
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:03 pm

dena wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:10 pm

I've just started A Storm of Swords, pretty good
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Rei Andros wrote:
    dena wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Seems the most plausible tbh.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 am

Just started a feast of crows:

Spoiler:
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 am

AAFC and ADWD are split by region not/characters not time, so AFFC deals with westeros mainly and Jaimie, Brienne, Cersei etc while ADWD deals with Jon, Deny and Tyrion, I liked AFFC but its clearly the weakest of the series
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 am

Fair enough, it's a bit of a bitch though, want to find out what Tyrion, Jon and Daenyrs are up to Sad
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 am

500 pages in Storm of Swords. Since this book is essentially split in two for the TV series where do you think the first part will cap off at in relation to the book?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 pm