Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Glen Miller
Cam
Jord
Clark
Yrael
Mouse
Phadunkin Donuts
jeb4eva
Childish Logic
dena
14 posters

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:43 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:Jesus fuck, A Storm of Swords is crazy. There are so many moments that could be good enough for episode 9 of next season. One complaint I have though is:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE)

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:11 am

Spoiler:
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:17 am

Spoiler:
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 am

Spoiler:
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:51 am

Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:22 am

It picks up in the second half. Kings Landing gets a bit more interesting.

The Greyjoys are the main redeeming feature of that book.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:31 am

Zzonked wrote:It picks up in the second half. Kings Landing gets a bit more interesting.

The Greyjoys are the main redeeming feature of that book.
    True, I forgot about that.

Spoiler:
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:31 am

What do your book covers look like ?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:33 am

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 A_game_of_thrones_novel_covers

I'm actually quite impressed with the binding. The books really aren't as big as they could be at 1200 pages each, so they look great on a bookshelf next to each other. I haven't bought the fifth one yet because all of the books need to be the same size for that reason.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:37 am

I have them on Kindle but I think it has those pictures on the first page.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 am

Zzonked wrote:I have them on Kindle
    A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 am

Moriarty wrote:A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 A_game_of_thrones_novel_covers

I'm actually quite impressed with the binding.  The books really aren't as big as they could be at 1200 pages each, so they look great on a bookshelf next to each other.  I haven't bought the fifth one yet because all of the books need to be the same size for that reason.

Those are paper back, right ?

I prefer these ones A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 $(KGrHqZHJEMFGT,8QmLwBRoHsc8QVQ~~60_35

I have to wait for reasonably priced ones to pop up online but its worth it since having a book cover I like adds more stratification to reading. Although, I do like the american 1st edition hardbacks best but they're harder to come by.

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCdb1WDFEIKJE2BHk1eUDVdQ-PTZlP9D8PCSi1QAjHVUMlAbP_

Zzonked wrote:I have them on Kindle but I think it has those pictures on the first page.

Yeah, I like the convenience of the Kindle since its pretty hard to find some American books over here but I prefer the nostalgic feeling of reading a book.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:08 am

Those covers are great, very retro. Reminds me of the Everquest cover.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:08 am

Yeah, I prefer it when the covers actually display some nice art.

I remember that the Redwall series (GOAT series for kids) always had awesome front covers. Also:

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 1955904
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:16 am

Zzonked wrote:Those covers are great, very retro. Reminds me of the Everquest cover.

Moriarty wrote:Yeah, I prefer it when the covers actually display some nice art.

I remember that the Redwall series (GOAT series for kids) always had awesome front covers.  Also:

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 1955904

I'm the same. I like it when books have a retro art cover. I say retro but I remember pretty much most fiction books had those types of covers pre-2005 or so. In particular books like LoTR and asoiaf should always have them.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am

You're right, it was about 2005 when everything went either Manga or just boring.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 am

Finally finished a dance with dragons, that's one benefit to holidays. It's nice to be able to scour the wiki without fear of spoilers.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 pm

On a scale from 1 to Kolo Toure, how do you rate it?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Yaya Toure.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:45 pm

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 Tumblr_m4n1a232qi1r44q7k
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:56 am

Finished AFFC. I actually didn't dislike it as much as I thought I would and I found some of the chapters towards the end pretty good.

Spoiler:
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:03 am

Moriarty wrote:On a scale from 1 to Kolo Toure, how do you rate it?
    2nd best book imo.

Moriarty wrote:
    Spoiler:
    A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 2156770003
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 am

Three more chapters plus the epilogue for me and I will have finished the entire series in one summer.

A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE) - Page 5 Success-kid
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:31 am

ADwD spoiler

Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Ra's al Ghul wrote:ADwD spoiler

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:13 am

Zzonked wrote:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:44 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:46 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 pm