Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
fluffy_kittens
Cameron.
El_indian
Juventino
Cam
Jordan Henderchip
MickStupp
Lux
Kuled
mac
El Jefe
Jorlung
dena
Sean
Childish Logic
Danny
crump
Jord
Mustangt125
Mouse
24 posters

Assassins Creed 3

Bushido
    Bushido

Assassins Creed 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Assassins Creed 3

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 am

Kuled wrote:Why not? It's completely new to video games..I don't think there are that much games set in the American Revolution and if you're not convinced by the game because you'll be killing Redcoats you must remember that this series is about Assassin's maintaining freewill and Templars looking dominion over mankind. The only people you'll take sides with are the Assassins.

Personally I wanted it set in;

The Qing Dynasty, China, Japan/Samurais or Gengis Kahns time. American Revolution just seems to me as a marketing scheme to sell more copies to Americans.

I might buy it but I'm very unsure.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:03 am

Well, if you look at it that way, if the game was set in China it would be a marketing scheme for Chinese Laughing And Genghis Khan/Mongolian era was covered in Altair's time (His son killed him)
    America makes sense for the modern day story too, Desmond is in America at the Vault and Connor's obviously the key to something in his memories..I have no doubts for the setting.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 am

Kuled wrote:Well, if you look at it that way, if the game was set in China it would be a marketing scheme for Chinese Laughing And Genghis Khan/Mongolian era was covered in Altair's time (His son killed him)
    America makes sense for the modern day story too, Desmond is in America at the Vault and Connor's obviously the key to something in his memories..I have no doubts for the setting.

It wouldn't be your typical American game though. China/Japan, even Egypt are much better settings than America.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 am

First off, what are these 'typical american games' and the other...What's so wrong with it being in America exactly?
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 am

I look forward to the day that Assassins Creed ends so Kuled can stop bumming them
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 am

It never will since Ubisoft will milk it muahahaha
    Cry
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:28 am

Kuled wrote:First off, what are these 'typical american games' and the other...What's so wrong with it being in America exactly?

I have no interest in the revolutionary war, neutral setting comes to mind also. Typical American games are just typical American games...It's most of what comes out of Merica.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:49 am

But you are a neutral in this conflict...you don't take sides Neutral Why is it so hard to understand that Connor has no affiliations with the Patriots nor the Redcoats? There's loads of footage of him killing both. And as far as I know, these typical American games don't have an ancient artifact that is capable of controlling men's minds...The main enemy remains the same..Templars. You just don't want it set in the Revolution because we kill Redcoats..I am Catholic, going to the Vatican to assassinate the pope... seeing this game 'mocking' my beliefs and now you'll kill the redcoats...It doesn't affect me at all because it's just fiction Laughing just deal with it and appreciate this incredible story they made.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am

Kuled wrote:But you are a neutral in this conflict...you don't take sides Neutral Why is it so hard to understand that Connor has no affiliations with the Patriots nor the Redcoats? There's loads of footage of him killing both. And as far as I know, these typical American games don't have an ancient artifact that is capable of controlling men's minds...The main enemy remains the same..Templars. You just don't want it set in the Revolution because we kill Redcoats..I am Catholic, going to the Vatican to assassinate the pope... seeing this game 'mocking' my beliefs and now you'll kill the redcoats...It doesn't affect me at all because it's just fiction Laughing just deal with it and appreciate this incredible story they made.

They are only mad because they have to kill redcoats. If it was the other way round, no complaints from them.

Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am

Childish Logic wrote:
    Kuled wrote:But you are a neutral in this conflict...you don't take sides Neutral Why is it so hard to understand that Connor has no affiliations with the Patriots nor the Redcoats? There's loads of footage of him killing both. And as far as I know, these typical American games don't have an ancient artifact that is capable of controlling men's minds...The main enemy remains the same..Templars. You just don't want it set in the Revolution because we kill Redcoats..I am Catholic, going to the Vatican to assassinate the pope... seeing this game 'mocking' my beliefs and now you'll kill the redcoats...It doesn't affect me at all because it's just fiction Laughing just deal with it and appreciate this incredible story they made.

They are only mad because they have to kill redcoats. If it was the other way round, no complaints from them.

Nice assumption. However it's because the Apple reminds me of something more 'foreign' so IMO it suits the setting on Ancient China/Japan rather than America. I'd prefer to have it there and that's my point.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Yeah, foreign from planet Earth Laughing Every major war had the apple involved.

Can't wait!
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Kuled wrote:Yeah, foreign from planet Earth Laughing Every major war had the apple involved.

Can't wait!

Then of all the wars, why choose the most bland?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Because it's one of the most important revolutions in history..arguably THE most important revolution, I'm done arguing now...It's clear that you won't be convinced and frankly I don't care.

--------------------------
    Ok that hacked history picture is defo Desmond at a fighting arena (Hood is UP!) and I've heard that UFC are doing a shitload of adverts for AC3..It's gotta be connected..
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Kuled wrote:Because it's one of the most important revolutions in history..arguably THE most important revolution, I'm done arguing now...It's clear that you won't be convinced and frankly I don't care.

--------------------------
    Ok that hacked history picture is defo Desmond at a fighting arena (Hood is UP!) and I've heard that UFC are doing a shitload of adverts for AC3..It's gotta be connected..

I wasn't arguing. Dry Smile Clearly you were, however.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:39 pm

call it what you want shifty but i just can't be bothered anymore
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 am

i want a vita Sad
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:44 am

http://world.idolweb.fr/ubisoft-music/lorne-balfe/assassins-creed-3-original-game-soundtrack/3700551741656.html
    Soundtrack is finally out shifty
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 am

Bushido wrote:
    Kuled wrote:First off, what are these 'typical american games' and the other...What's so wrong with it being in America exactly?

I have no interest in the revolutionary war, neutral setting comes to mind also. Typical American games are just typical American games...It's most of what comes out of Merica.
    Isn't Ubisoft European?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 am

^ I keep forgetting that Laughing

hehe

The soundtrack is really nice from what I've heard of the samples. Desmond's destiny sounds like there is very exciting commotion going on.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 am

It was like the biggest war upset in history.

This game's gonna be awesome. Can't wait for the bow and arrow.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:44 am

11 days Very Happy and I have Thursday and Friday off from school after 31st October because of national holidays, long weekend with this with me yippee
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:57 am

Can't believe people are still hating on the location of the game. Neutral

The time period is great because it would make sense of course for AC to go forward then back (AC2 and beyond is set in the 14-1500s) the biggest major war(s)/historical events are the age of discovery/revolutionary war times, they could've gone to England but I think going way from Eurasia was definitely a good move too.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:13 am

I'm looking forward to playing in America mainly because of the Frontier, but I would have absolutely loved a game in China or Japan.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 am

Assassins Creed 3 - Page 32 Tumblr_mc58juWlNB1r4fggfo1_400
    Desmoooooooooooond

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc56grlCxj1qd5koj.jpg

http://enrychan.tumblr.com/post/33891995187/breaking-the-assassins-creed-hacked-history-hidden
    Follow the instructions for a great video. I'd post it myself but it's more fun this way.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:56 am

This isn't even out yet and I'm already thinking what, if anything, is going to happen beyond it.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:14 am

DESMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOND
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm so excited about him, I think we're gonna love Connor no doubt but..This is Desmond's time.

10 days eek2
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Where is cheapest for pre-ordering?
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Jorlung wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

Isn't Ubisoft European?

DICE are from Sweden, not really seeing your point. Video Games are made with Americans in mind and AC3 is no different. I just wish they would break the mould and use a few different countries.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 am

How are videogames made with Americans in mind?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm