Assassins Creed 3

    Share
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Bushido on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 am

    Kuled wrote:Why not? It's completely new to video games..I don't think there are that much games set in the American Revolution and if you're not convinced by the game because you'll be killing Redcoats you must remember that this series is about Assassin's maintaining freewill and Templars looking dominion over mankind. The only people you'll take sides with are the Assassins.

    Personally I wanted it set in;

    The Qing Dynasty, China, Japan/Samurais or Gengis Kahns time. American Revolution just seems to me as a marketing scheme to sell more copies to Americans.

    I might buy it but I'm very unsure.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:03 am

    Well, if you look at it that way, if the game was set in China it would be a marketing scheme for Chinese Laughing And Genghis Khan/Mongolian era was covered in Altair's time (His son killed him)
    America makes sense for the modern day story too, Desmond is in America at the Vault and Connor's obviously the key to something in his memories..I have no doubts for the setting.
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Bushido on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:54 am

    Kuled wrote:Well, if you look at it that way, if the game was set in China it would be a marketing scheme for Chinese Laughing And Genghis Khan/Mongolian era was covered in Altair's time (His son killed him)
    America makes sense for the modern day story too, Desmond is in America at the Vault and Connor's obviously the key to something in his memories..I have no doubts for the setting.

    It wouldn't be your typical American game though. China/Japan, even Egypt are much better settings than America.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 am

    First off, what are these 'typical american games' and the other...What's so wrong with it being in America exactly?
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Cam on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 am

    I look forward to the day that Assassins Creed ends so Kuled can stop bumming them

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 am

    It never will since Ubisoft will milk it muahahaha
    Cry
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Bushido on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:28 am

    Kuled wrote:First off, what are these 'typical american games' and the other...What's so wrong with it being in America exactly?

    I have no interest in the revolutionary war, neutral setting comes to mind also. Typical American games are just typical American games...It's most of what comes out of Merica.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:49 am

    But you are a neutral in this conflict...you don't take sides Neutral Why is it so hard to understand that Connor has no affiliations with the Patriots nor the Redcoats? There's loads of footage of him killing both. And as far as I know, these typical American games don't have an ancient artifact that is capable of controlling men's minds...The main enemy remains the same..Templars. You just don't want it set in the Revolution because we kill Redcoats..I am Catholic, going to the Vatican to assassinate the pope... seeing this game 'mocking' my beliefs and now you'll kill the redcoats...It doesn't affect me at all because it's just fiction Laughing just deal with it and appreciate this incredible story they made.
    avatar
    Childish Logic
     
     

    Formerly known as : NZG
    Posts : 13744
    Age : 24
    Supports : Lucas

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Childish Logic on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am

    Kuled wrote:But you are a neutral in this conflict...you don't take sides Neutral Why is it so hard to understand that Connor has no affiliations with the Patriots nor the Redcoats? There's loads of footage of him killing both. And as far as I know, these typical American games don't have an ancient artifact that is capable of controlling men's minds...The main enemy remains the same..Templars. You just don't want it set in the Revolution because we kill Redcoats..I am Catholic, going to the Vatican to assassinate the pope... seeing this game 'mocking' my beliefs and now you'll kill the redcoats...It doesn't affect me at all because it's just fiction Laughing just deal with it and appreciate this incredible story they made.

    They are only mad because they have to kill redcoats. If it was the other way round, no complaints from them.

    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Bushido on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am

    Childish Logic wrote:
    Kuled wrote:But you are a neutral in this conflict...you don't take sides Neutral Why is it so hard to understand that Connor has no affiliations with the Patriots nor the Redcoats? There's loads of footage of him killing both. And as far as I know, these typical American games don't have an ancient artifact that is capable of controlling men's minds...The main enemy remains the same..Templars. You just don't want it set in the Revolution because we kill Redcoats..I am Catholic, going to the Vatican to assassinate the pope... seeing this game 'mocking' my beliefs and now you'll kill the redcoats...It doesn't affect me at all because it's just fiction Laughing just deal with it and appreciate this incredible story they made.

    They are only mad because they have to kill redcoats. If it was the other way round, no complaints from them.


    Nice assumption. However it's because the Apple reminds me of something more 'foreign' so IMO it suits the setting on Ancient China/Japan rather than America. I'd prefer to have it there and that's my point.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:11 pm

    Yeah, foreign from planet Earth Laughing Every major war had the apple involved.


    Can't wait!
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Bushido on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 pm

    Kuled wrote:Yeah, foreign from planet Earth Laughing Every major war had the apple involved.


    Can't wait!

    Then of all the wars, why choose the most bland?

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 pm

    Because it's one of the most important revolutions in history..arguably THE most important revolution, I'm done arguing now...It's clear that you won't be convinced and frankly I don't care.

    --------------------------
    Ok that hacked history picture is defo Desmond at a fighting arena (Hood is UP!) and I've heard that UFC are doing a shitload of adverts for AC3..It's gotta be connected..
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Bushido on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 pm

    Kuled wrote:Because it's one of the most important revolutions in history..arguably THE most important revolution, I'm done arguing now...It's clear that you won't be convinced and frankly I don't care.

    --------------------------
    Ok that hacked history picture is defo Desmond at a fighting arena (Hood is UP!) and I've heard that UFC are doing a shitload of adverts for AC3..It's gotta be connected..

    I wasn't arguing. Dry Smile Clearly you were, however.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:39 pm

    call it what you want shifty but i just can't be bothered anymore

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 am


    i want a vita Sad

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:44 am

    http://world.idolweb.fr/ubisoft-music/lorne-balfe/assassins-creed-3-original-game-soundtrack/3700551741656.html
    Soundtrack is finally out shifty
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 84
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Jorlung on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 am

    Bushido wrote:
    Kuled wrote:First off, what are these 'typical american games' and the other...What's so wrong with it being in America exactly?

    I have no interest in the revolutionary war, neutral setting comes to mind also. Typical American games are just typical American games...It's most of what comes out of Merica.
    Isn't Ubisoft European?

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 am

    ^ I keep forgetting that Laughing



    hehe

    The soundtrack is really nice from what I've heard of the samples. Desmond's destiny sounds like there is very exciting commotion going on.

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Mustangt125 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 am

    It was like the biggest war upset in history.

    This game's gonna be awesome. Can't wait for the bow and arrow.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:44 am


    11 days Very Happy and I have Thursday and Friday off from school after 31st October because of national holidays, long weekend with this with me yippee
    avatar
    dena
     
     

    Posts : 18688
    Age : 28
    Location : only place to find base heads and hot women

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by dena on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:57 am

    Can't believe people are still hating on the location of the game. Neutral

    The time period is great because it would make sense of course for AC to go forward then back (AC2 and beyond is set in the 14-1500s) the biggest major war(s)/historical events are the age of discovery/revolutionary war times, they could've gone to England but I think going way from Eurasia was definitely a good move too.
    avatar
    El Jefe
     
     

    Formerly known as : Jay
    Posts : 10657
    Location : In the hall, already, on the wall, already
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by El Jefe on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:13 am

    I'm looking forward to playing in America mainly because of the Frontier, but I would have absolutely loved a game in China or Japan.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 am


    Desmoooooooooooond

    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc56grlCxj1qd5koj.jpg

    http://enrychan.tumblr.com/post/33891995187/breaking-the-assassins-creed-hacked-history-hidden
    Follow the instructions for a great video. I'd post it myself but it's more fun this way.
    avatar
    El Jefe
     
     

    Formerly known as : Jay
    Posts : 10657
    Location : In the hall, already, on the wall, already
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by El Jefe on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:56 am

    This isn't even out yet and I'm already thinking what, if anything, is going to happen beyond it.
    avatar
    Childish Logic
     
     

    Formerly known as : NZG
    Posts : 13744
    Age : 24
    Supports : Lucas

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Childish Logic on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:14 am

    DESMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOND

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Kuled on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 pm

    I'm so excited about him, I think we're gonna love Connor no doubt but..This is Desmond's time.

    10 days eek2
    avatar
    El Jefe
     
     

    Formerly known as : Jay
    Posts : 10657
    Location : In the hall, already, on the wall, already
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by El Jefe on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 pm

    Where is cheapest for pre-ordering?
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Bushido on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:53 pm

    Jorlung wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

    I have no interest in the revolutionary war, neutral setting comes to mind also. Typical American games are just typical American games...It's most of what comes out of Merica.
    Isn't Ubisoft European?

    DICE are from Sweden, not really seeing your point. Video Games are made with Americans in mind and AC3 is no different. I just wish they would break the mould and use a few different countries.
    avatar
    dena
     
     

    Posts : 18688
    Age : 28
    Location : only place to find base heads and hot women

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by dena on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 am

    How are videogames made with Americans in mind?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Assassins Creed 3

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:09 pm