The Atheist Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 am

    Cain, Perry, Bachmann all claimed God told them to run for President, and all are out of the race. God is hilarious.

    lo lo lo
    avatar
    Roloman4
     
     

    Posts : 12050
    Age : 23
    Location : Gainesville, FL, USA
    Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Roloman4 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 am

    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    Cain, Perry, Bachmann all claimed God told them to run for President, and all are out of the race. God is hilarious.

    lo lo lo

    HA!

    To be fair, they were never in it, I always thought it was going to be in between Perry, Gingrich, Paul, and perhaps Santorum.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:49 am

    Why do people claim God told them to do something. Always makes me think they are mental.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:50 am

    True. Though when the calling is pure I don't mind.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:24 am

    Dan wrote:Why do people claim God told them to do something. Always makes me think they are mental.
    Because the majority of voters in Jesusland are equally mental.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:56 am

    http://is.gd/Qebhn3
    It took two years and two failed attempts for members of the Missionary Church of Kopimism to earn the official designation as a state-recognized religion in Sweden, but they finally did it. Run by a group of people who consider copying to be sacred -- the Kopimi version of the Christian cross or the Muslim crescent is CTRL-C and CTRL-V -- the now official Swedish religion has grown its membership from 1,000 to 3,000 in the last six months, and the details of the inner workings sound more activist than religious.

    Finally a religion I want to be part of! Very Happy
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:37 am

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:50 am

    I saw that picture on facebook earlier and thought facepalm
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:52 am

    Knew you'd take it seriously.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:53 am

    Should I respond? Mmmmmm, must control myself and avoid another long argument.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:55 am

    No, it just goes to show that most people who believe in God, are to put it simply, simpletons. Neutral
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 am

    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:No, it just goes to show that most people who believe in God, are to put it simply, simpletons. Neutral

    Incorrect. Many are more than qualified.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 am

    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:No, it just goes to show that most people who believe in God, are to put it simply, simpletons. Neutral

    This is the type of arrogance, I don't respect. There are several intelligent people out there that believe in a god. They are far smarter than you too.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 am

    Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:No, it just goes to show that most people who believe in God, are to put it simply, simpletons. Neutral
    ahlycotc wrote:

    This is the type of arrogance, I don't respect. There are several intelligent people out there that believe in a god. They are far smarter than you too.

    Incorrect. Many are more than qualified.
    Read my post again and tell me where I said all religious people are ignorant.

    edit: Adding Ahly in here too..


    Last edited by Lu❣s Suarez on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 am

    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:No, it just goes to show that most people who believe in God, are to put it simply, simpletons. Neutral
    Agreed.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:00 am

    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

    Incorrect. Many are more than qualified.
    Read my post again and tell me where I said all religious people are ignorant.

    edit: Adding Ahly in here too..

    Most, same thing. Arrogance. Assumption.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:00 am

    No. It is not the same thing.

    There is a huge difference between most and all.

    Arrogance? Assumption? Yah I agree, you just did that terribly. facepalm
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 am

    No, not much. 75%-100% isn't such a sizable difference.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:02 am

    Yes it is, when you are talking about the POPULATION OF THE ENTIRE PLANET.

    Those qualified won't even account for 0.01 percent of that population.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:03 am

    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Yes it is, when you are talking about the POPULATION OF THE ENTIRE PLANET.

    Those qualified won't even account for 0.01 percent of that population.

    If you mean they would be unintelligent anyway, why tag religion to it?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:07 am

    Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Yes it is, when you are talking about the POPULATION OF THE ENTIRE PLANET.

    Those qualified won't even account for 0.01 percent of that population.

    If you mean they would be unintelligent anyway, why tag religion to it?

    Because most atheists are arrogant douchebags. Not ALL, but most.
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by SBSP on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:08 am

    Is arrogance a prerequisite for being an atheist or something? It's ridiculous how you can look down on people for believing in God.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:08 am

    You brought up qualifications.

    I mentioned intelligence. I consider people like Ahly intelligent and he still believes in god. I said most people are simpletons which is well to assume that I consider only a minority of the human race to be intelligent. (By human standards)
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by SBSP on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am

    That's got nothing to do with religion though.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 am

    SBSP wrote:That's got nothing to do with religion though.
    Nope. If you read though, you'd see that I originally grouped people who think that image brings up a point with the aforementioned majority of not so intelligent humans.

    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17674
    Supports : United

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:13 am

    SBSP wrote:Is arrogance a prerequisite for being an atheist or something? It's ridiculous how you can look down on people for believing in God.

    It's ridiculous how you can believe we deserve suffering for not believing in God.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:16 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Is arrogance a prerequisite for being an atheist or something? It's ridiculous how you can look down on people for believing in God.

    It's ridiculous how you can believe we deserve suffering for not believing in God.
    clap
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 85
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Jorlung on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Is arrogance a prerequisite for being an atheist or something? It's ridiculous how you can look down on people for believing in God.

    It's ridiculous how you can believe we deserve suffering for not believing in God.
    avatar
    Totti
     
     

    Posts : 1471
    Age : 23
    Location : Aberdeen

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Totti on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:38 am

    If one person has an imaginary friend, it's called being crazy.

    But when millions of people have an imaginary friend, it's called religion...
    avatar
    SBSP
     
     

    Posts : 50005

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by SBSP on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 am

    Wow, you are incredibly funny and original.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Atheist Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:25 pm