Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Share

    Poll

    Who Will Win the Super Bowl?

    [ 9 ]
    56% [56%] 
    [ 7 ]
    44% [44%] 

    Total Votes: 16
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 am

    That Audi commercial Neutral
    avatar
    Benitez
     
     

    Posts : 4952
    Location : Antonella Roccuzzo <3
    Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Benitez on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 am

    Jordi wrote:Back in the studio already?

    I don't understand. Sad

    Me too, this is a confusing sport.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 am

    When does this end?
    avatar
    Jordi
    .
    .

    Posts : 36022
    Age : 22
    Supports : Saints

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Jordi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 am

    Now there's music, I CANNOT FATHOM THIS!
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 84
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Jorlung on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 am

    Benitez wrote:
    Jorlung wrote:4 Quarters

    So wouldn't a game only last 40 minutes?

    How does it take 4 hours for 1 game Neutral
    First off each quarter is 15 minutes. Plus the clock stops after every incomplete pass, timeout, or when the ball is ran out of play. The half-time in the superbowl is usually like half an hour (closer to 10 minutes in a regular game), and they have short intermissions between every quarter.

    + TV Timeouts.


    Last edited by Jorlung on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Zzonked on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 am

    Sean wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Sean wrote:Oh wait, I cant support the Giants, Im meant to be a Jets fan. Therefore, c'mon Patriots! shifty

    Pats are the Jets main rival. shifty

    Really? Even over the Giants, I thought it would be similar to football in that 2 teams from a city are rivals?

    Where's Dena when you need him? shifty

    It's all about the divisions, they're both in the AFC East so for the Jets to get to the Superbowl they have to finish the season with a better record than the Patriots (or get through the Wild Card).

    I think the Giants are rivals too, but not as fierce.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 am

    ahlycotc wrote:That Audi commercial Neutral

    We didn't get a commercial. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry


    Fuck the BBC, I want to see the TV spots.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am

    Safety. I have no fucking idea what that was about. Laughing

    I know what a safety is, but I didn't see him get tackled in the end zone.
    avatar
    Ben
     
     

    Posts : 11538
    Age : 23
    Location : Leeds
    Supports : United

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Ben on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am

    Sean wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

    Pats are the Jets main rival. shifty

    Really? Even over the Giants, I thought it would be similar to football in that 2 teams from a city are rivals?

    Where's Dena when you need him? shifty

    It's cos they're in the same conference, Giants are in NFC while Pats and Jets are in AFC and competing against each other more directly.

    Still imagine there's some fans that hate the Giants more though.


    Last edited by Ben on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    MickStupp
     
     

    Posts : 1933
    Age : 25
    Location : Glasgow

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by MickStupp on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am

    Benitez wrote:
    Jorlung wrote:4 Quarters

    So wouldn't a game only last 40 minutes? shifty

    How does it take 4 hours for 1 game Neutral
    How did you get to a game time of 40 minutes? scratch

    There are a lot of breaks in this game. Plus there's proper half-time entertainment.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 am

    Cam wrote:When does this end?

    4 more hours.
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Zzonked on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am

    ahlycotc wrote:Safety. I have no fucking idea what that was about. Laughing

    I know what a safety is, but I didn't see him get tackled in the end zone.

    He had intentional grounding given, which is when he threw the ball to no one just to get rid of it. If you do that in your own end zone it's the same as a safety, because if you hadn't done it you'd have been tackled for a safety.

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Sean on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am

    Ah, that makes sense.
    avatar
    Benitez
     
     

    Posts : 4952
    Location : Antonella Roccuzzo <3
    Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Benitez on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am

    I can't believe people would actually watch this the whole way through Laughing
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am

    Four. More. Hours.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am

    I'm watching this for the entertainment other than the sport.
    avatar
    MickStupp
     
     

    Posts : 1933
    Age : 25
    Location : Glasgow

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by MickStupp on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 am

    Wait, the Giants are leading, how does that work?

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Sean on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 am

    Zzonked wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Safety. I have no fucking idea what that was about. Laughing

    I know what a safety is, but I didn't see him get tackled in the end zone.

    He had intentional grounding given, which is when he threw the ball to no one just to get rid of it. If you do that in your own end zone it's the same as a safety, because if you hadn't done it you'd have been tackled for a safety.

    Thats a bit of a stupid rule, subjective too which is weird for American sports. How can you tell whats intentionally just getting rid of the ball and a genuine miss throw from the QB
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Zzonked on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 am

    MickStupp wrote:Wait, the Giants are leading, how does that work?

    They got a safety by virtue of intentional grounding.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 am

    I wish I understood.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 am

    Sean wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

    He had intentional grounding given, which is when he threw the ball to no one just to get rid of it. If you do that in your own end zone it's the same as a safety, because if you hadn't done it you'd have been tackled for a safety.

    Thats a bit of a stupid rule, subjective too which is weird for American sports. How can you tell whats intentionally just getting rid of the ball and a genuine miss throw from the QB

    Well there was nobody in the middle of the field where he threw it.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 am

    Wow, I wish they would do cool player profiles like that for the premier league Surprised
    avatar
    Benitez
     
     

    Posts : 4952
    Location : Antonella Roccuzzo <3
    Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Benitez on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 am

    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Zzonked on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 am

    Sean wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Safety. I have no fucking idea what that was about. Laughing

    I know what a safety is, but I didn't see him get tackled in the end zone.

    He had intentional grounding given, which is when he threw the ball to no one just to get rid of it. If you do that in your own end zone it's the same as a safety, because if you hadn't done it you'd have been tackled for a safety.

    Thats a bit of a stupid rule, subjective too which is weird for American sports. How can you tell whats intentionally just getting rid of the ball and a genuine miss throw from the QB

    It's just because if they didn't have that rule there would be hardly any sacks, they'd just throw it at the ground to avoid them.

    Generally it's just given if there's no one within about 5 yards of it or something.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 am

    Cam wrote:Wow, I wish they would do cool player profiles like that for the premier league Surprised

    That player was me. Laughing

    Sean
     
     

    Posts : 33857
    Age : 23

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Sean on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

    ahlycotc wrote:
    Sean wrote:

    Thats a bit of a stupid rule, subjective too which is weird for American sports. How can you tell whats intentionally just getting rid of the ball and a genuine miss throw from the QB

    Well there was nobody in the middle of the field where he threw it.

    No I understand it there, but what if its less clear cut than that?

    Its just that in American sports, its usually much more black and white decision wise, rather than officials having to make a judgement.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

    Benitez wrote:

    rofl
    avatar
    Jorlung
     
     

    Posts : 5285
    Age : 84
    Location : Canada
    Supports : TFC

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Jorlung on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

    Sean wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

    He had intentional grounding given, which is when he threw the ball to no one just to get rid of it. If you do that in your own end zone it's the same as a safety, because if you hadn't done it you'd have been tackled for a safety.

    Thats a bit of a stupid rule, subjective too which is weird for American sports. How can you tell whats intentionally just getting rid of the ball and a genuine miss throw from the QB
    To be honest, most rules in American sports are made by ref's decision. Intentional grounding is usually pretty clear cut if the QB just slams it at the ground. But there are tonnes of other rules in other american sports (ie. hockey's roughing rule) that are made by the ref's decision, where there is no clear cut offense but the call is made by the ref.

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Carlos Jenkinson on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 am

    MickStupp wrote:Wait, the Giants are leading, how does that work?

    Field goal I think
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 am

    The team has 12 players on the field? rofl

    Sponsored content

    Re: Super Bowl XLVI (February 5, 2012)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:04 am